OpenStax College is a nonprofit organization committed to improving student access to quality learning materials. Our free textbooks are developed and peer-reviewed by educators to ensure they are readable, accurate, and meet the scope and sequence requirements of your course. Through our partnerships with companies and foundations committed to reducing costs for students, OpenStax College is working to improve access to higher education for all. OpenStax College is an initiative of Rice University and is made possible through the generous support of several philanthropic foundations.
Work: The Scientific Definition
- Explain how an object must be displaced for a force on it to do work.
- Explain how relative directions of force and displacement determine whether the work ...
World Energy Use
- Describe the distinction between renewable and nonrenewable energy sources.
- Explain why the inevitable conversion of energy to less useful forms makes it necessary to conserve energy resources. ...
- Explain the differences between various types of religious organizations
- Understand classifications of religion, like animism, polytheism, monotheism, and atheism
- Describe several major world religions
X Rays: Atomic Origins and Applications
- Define x-ray tube and its spectrum.
- Show the x-ray characteristic energy.
- Specify the use of x rays in medical observations.
- Explain the use of x rays in ...
Young’s Double Slit Experiment
- Explain the phenomena of interference.
- Define constructive interference for a double slit and destructive interference for a double slit.
Zeros of Polynomial Functions
In this section, you will:
- Evaluate a polynomial using the Remainder Theorem.
- Use the Factor Theorem to solve a polynomial equation.
- Use the Rational Zero Theorem to find rational zeros.
- Find zeros ...
Thư viện Học liệu Mở Việt Nam (VOER) được tài trợ bởi Vietnam Foundation và vận hành trên nền tảng Hanoi Spring. Các tài liệu đều tuân thủ giấy phép Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 trừ khi ghi chú rõ ngoại lệ.